For any form of vein or artery disease, you need the services of the very best vein doctor you can find. In Brooklyn, that’s Dr. Sergei Sobolevsky at the Downtown Vein & Vascular Center. While choosing a Vein and Vascular Specialist may seem daunting, you can’t go wrong when you choose Dr. Sobolevsky, who has spent decades in the profession and started this all-inclusive vein and artery practice. Call today to schedule an appointment with this skilled vascular doctor, and have your vein or artery disease resolved.
What Is a Vein or Artery Disease?
Vascular disease or artery disease affects the normal function of a vein or artery. Arteries are blood vessels that carry blood rich in oxygen and nutrients to your body’s tissues and organs. Veins transport the oxygen-depleted blood back to your lungs and heart. Vein and artery disease affects the blood flow. In a closed system like your circulatory system, any obstruction can have devastating consequences.
The blockage of blood vessels causes circulation problems, leading to various symptoms that appear throughout your body. Untreated vascular disease may lead to severe complications, including a life-threatening pulmonary embolism. Dr. Sergei Sobolevsky, the best vein doctor in New York at the Downtown Vein & Vascular Center, uses a multi-disciplinary approach to identify abnormal vein conditions and provide vein treatments.
End your quest for the “top vein specialist near me” by conveniently booking an appointment with Dr. Sobolevsky at the Downtown Vein & Vascular Center. With his extensive expertise and years of experience, you can have confidence in receiving effective and long-lasting vein treatment solutions.
“Vein disease is a common problem that can cause pain, swelling, and discoloration of the legs. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you must see an experienced vein doctor for a diagnosis and a treatment plan.” – Dr. Sergei Sobolevsky, MD, Leading Specialist in Endovascular Medicine
What Are Common Vascular Conditions?
Vascular disease mostly affects your legs and arms, but some forms may affect other parts of your body, such as your face.
The most common types of vascular and arterial disease include:
- Varicose veins. This venous disease mostly affects the veins in your legs. Damage to valves in leg veins causes blood to backflow, stopping blood from flowing to your heart and causing dark bluish, twisted, bulging and unsightly veins.
- Spider veins. Spider veins are small swollen capillaries that appear blue, purple. or red. They appear web-like on your skin surface. Spider veins bulge because of a poor blood flow.
- Venous and arterial insufficiency. If you have this disease, your blood vessels don’t allow blood to flow properly. Venous insufficiency occurs because of dysfunctional vein valves, while arterial insufficiency develops because of atherosclerosis or the build-up of plaque and the resulting blockage of the arteries.
- Venous and arterial ulcers. Venous ulcers in your legs are caused by the lack of blood outflow from the tissues. Arterial ulcers occur because of damage to the tissues, due to lack of adequate arterial blood flow. These ulcers can take a long time to heal. The gravest risk of ulcers that don’t heal is amputation because an infection sets in the bone.
- Bulging hand and arm veins. Visible, bulging veins on your hands or arms are often cosmetically displeasing, but they’re rarely dangerous.
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT). This is a serious vein condition that develops if a blood clot forms in a deep vein, most often in your Untreated DVT causes pain, can cause permanent swelling in your legs and can trigger a life-threatening pulmonary embolism.
- Varicoceles. This condition causes veins in the scrotum to malfunction because of damage to its venous valves. Blood collects in the veins and causes dilation of the veins, along with scrotal discomfort. Varicoceles are a common cause of male infertility.
- May-Thurner syndrome. In this vascular condition, the right iliac artery in your pelvis compresses the left iliac vein, which may cause pain, swelling in your left leg and other symptoms. If untreated, a blood clot may develop in the deep veins of your left leg with potentially devastating consequences.
- Lymphedema or lymphatic disfunction. Lymphedema is the swelling of your legs or hands, caused by the build-up of lymph fluid in your tissues. This disease occurs if your body’s lymphatic system malfunctions, affecting the efficient drainage of lymph fluid.
- Pelvic congestion syndrome. This venous condition is caused by defective, compromised veins in your The malfunctioning vessels enlarge, causing chronic pelvic pain. This condition constitutes an extension of varicose veins in the pelvis.
Dr. Sobolevsky is a specialist in image-guided minimally invasive medicine, as well as in vascular and interventional radiology. As a vein and vascular specialist, he has performed over 25,000 minimally invasive procedures.
“Varicose veins are a common problem, affecting up to 30% of adults in the United States.” – Dr. John J. Bergan, Founder and Director of the vein center at the New York University School of Medicine
Our Patients Talk About Their Vein Treatment Experience
Dr. Sobolevsky is the absolute best doctor to treat all vein problems. He is an extremely compassionate and empathetic person, which to me are essential qualities in a physician. I also can attest to his great technical skills because we had amazing results. I would highly recommend Dr. Sobolevsky if you ever need a vein or vascular specialist to treat yourself or a family member. You will not find a better physician to help you!
Dr. Sobolevsky is a great vein and vascular specialist. It is obvious that he truly cares for his patients and will do everything in his power to help them be healthy and feel their best. Dr. Sobolevsky will always be my first choice for any of my vein needs.
Dr Sobolevsky took care of my dad. When we reached out, he responded and saw him very fast, made it very easy to prepare for the procedure, and performed a very delicate procedure masterfully. All was done through a tiny hole, without any pain, and without any collateral damage. My dad and all of us were very pleased with our experience. What a compassionate and technically skilled physician! If my wife or I or our in-laws need any vein or artery procedure, we would go only to Dr Sobolevsky! Highly recommend!
Dr S is a fantastic vein specialist. He also does embolizations, and everything is done under image guidance. He is super smart, has amazing bedside manners and very attentive to any concerns. I for sure will refer my family to him, not even a question.
Dr. Sergei treated my varicose veins with great success. I couldn’t be happier with the results. He was professional, kind, and answered all my questions. I highly recommend Dr. Sergei for anyone seeking vein treatment.
What Vein Treatments Are Available?
The best vein specialist may use different vein treatments based on your diagnosis. Your doctor has expertise in use of a wide range of procedures to treat vein or artery disease, including:
- Endovenous laser ablation. This minimally invasive procedure treats damaged veins through heat generated by laser technology. The heat damages the vein walls to eliminate the defective veins.
- Endovenous radiofrequency ablation. An advanced minimally invasive technique, RFA treats venous insufficiency through use of radiofrequency waves to cauterize and close the malfunctioning varicose veins.
- Endovascular therapy. This minimally invasive procedure is done inside affected blood vessels to unblock an obstruction or remove a clot. A top vein doctor uses a variety of transcatheter techniques, including a balloon angioplasty or permanent mesh stenting.
- Sclerotherapy for spider veins and varicose veins. Sclerotherapy is a procedure for treating defective or dysfunctional A vein specialist injects a solution directly into an affected vein, which causes the vein to scar, close and die. The blood that flowed through the vein reroutes through nearby healthy veins.
- Ambulatory phlebotomy. This is a surgical procedure to remove damaged superficial veins, such as varicose veins, through tiny incisions made in the skin.
- Thrombectomy. This surgical procedure is used to remove a blood clot inside an affected artery or vein.
- Vascular and arterial embolization. Embolization involves cutting off the blood flow to a specific blood vessel. A doctor injects embolic agents into the affected artery or vein to prevent further blood flow.
The latest vein treatments require specialized skills and equipment. The vein and artery doctor at the Downtown Vein & Vascular Center in Brooklyn performs these procedures regularly at the state-of-the-art vein and artery clinic. It’s a one-stop-shop for any vein or arterial issues you may have.
Vein Specialist Near Me: Discover Relief at Downtown Vein & Vascular Center
Whether you’re seeking solutions for vascular issues, including cosmetic concerns or medical symptoms like pain, heaviness, swelling, cramping, or itching, it’s crucial to connect with a team of experienced and board-certified phlebologists. These specialists are highly skilled in addressing various conditions, such as varicose veins, spider veins, and chronic venous insufficiency, effectively relieving discomfort and minimizing potential complications.
Here are some valuable tips for finding a trusted vein specialist nearby:
- Begin your search with phrases like “vein doctor near me”, “vein specialist near me” or “best vascular doctor near me”.
- Take the time to read online reviews of vein clinics in your local area.
- Don’t hesitate to seek recommendations from your primary care physician or consult friends and family for their insights.
- Once you’ve identified reputable vein clinics, schedule a consultation to explore your options.
At Downtown Vein & Vascular Center, we prioritize accessible specialized care. Our state-of-the-art clinic in NYC offers a range of minimally invasive vein treatments tailored to your unique health and cosmetic needs. Dr. Sergei Sobolevsky, a leading specialist in endovascular medicine, provides procedures like ELVT, sclerotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, and microphlebectomy to address unwanted vein issues with minimal downtime, lower risks, and reduced scarring. If you’re in search of some of the best vein doctors nearby, reach out to Downtown Vein & Vascular Center for a consultation and embark on your journey to improved vein health.
How Do I Choose a Vein and Artery Doctor?
To make sure you get the most appropriate vein and artery treatment for your concerns, you need to choose the best vein and artery specialist. Some considerations include:
- Board certification
- Professional associations
- Experience with multiple treatment options
- Referrals and recommendations
Dr. Sobolevsky has the training and experience you’re seeking. Contact the best vascular doctor in New York City at the Downtown Vein & Vascular Center to address your vein and artery condition. Located in Brooklyn, this medical practice serves all Brooklyn and beyond as the best endovascular practice in New York.
Sergei Sobolevsky, MD, is a leading specialist in endovascular medicine with experience in vascular and interventional radiology. Dr. Sobolevsky has decades of experience in the field, with over 25,000 procedures performed, accumulating extensive experience in image-guided minimally invasive medicine, diagnosing and treating a range of conditions.
Dr. Sobolevsky earned his Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree in 1997 from the University of Colorado School of Medicine. He received his specialty clinical training in vascular and interventional radiology at Harvard University. Later, he earned his MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management. Recognized as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor and named to the Top Doctors New York Metro Area in 2020, 2021, and 2022, Dr. Sobolevsky is licensed in multiple states, has delivered presentations at numerous institutions in the US and abroad, and now acts as a clinical advisor for the biomedical industry. He also held multiple positions in the field during his career, including Chief of Vascular and Interventional Radiology at the Columbia University Medical Center in New York, NY, Senior Vice President in Clinical and Regulatory Affairs at Artann Laboratories in North Brunswick, NJ, and Medical Director at the American Endovascular and Amputation Prevention Center in Brooklyn.More About Dr. Sobolevsky
Downtown Vein Treatment Center
480 Court Street, Ste 101
Brooklyn, NY 11231