Endovascular therapy is a minimally invasive or non-invasive procedure that can resolve varicose veins and other abnormal vein conditions. A top doctor with expertise in vascular and interventional radiology, like Dr. Sergei Sobolevsky at the Downtown Vein & Vascular Center in Brooklyn, has a number of endovascular therapies available to treat your condition. The most appropriate one often resolves your symptoms and the root cause at the same time. Call the practice today for endovascular treatment.
What Is Endovascular Therapy?
Endovascular therapy refers to a minimally invasive approach to treating circulation problems in your body. The advanced procedure is an alternative to more traditional vascular therapy, which entails invasive surgery to treat vein conditions. A clot in any of your blood vessels can lead to severe complications — such as stroke, heart attack, pulmonary embolism or leg ulcers — which require immediate treatment.
For compassionate care and thorough treatment, seek out an endovascular specialist like Dr. Sergei Sobolevsky at the Downtown Vein & Vascular Center in Brooklyn, NY. He and his team perform this endovascular procedure when necessary, along with other complex vein treatments for a variety of medical conditions.
What Do Endovascular Therapies Treat?
A top NYC vein doctor uses endovascular therapies to treat a range of conditions that affect the blood flow in your veins and arteries. Conditions that can be effectively treated through endovascular procedures include:
- Varicose veins and spider veins
- Atherosclerosis caused by a build-up of plaque and cholesterol inside an artery
- Venous and arterial insufficiency
- Deep vein thrombosis, blood clot in a large, deep vein
- Pulmonary embolism, a life-threatening condition in which a blood clot breaks loose and travels to your lungs
- Critical limb ischemia, caused by a narrowing of the arteries in your arms or legs
- Peripheral vascular disease, which may be a complication of diabetes or smoking
- Peripheral artery disease
- Renal vascular disease, which affects the veins or arteries in your kidneys
- Neuropathy, paresthesia or numbness in your extremities
- Acute ischemic stroke, a life-threatening emergency that limits the blood supply to your brain
- Intracranial aneurysms or vascular stenosis
- Carotid artery stenosis
- Conditions affecting the aorta, the primary artery from your heart
- Cancerous and non-cancerous tumors
- Vascular malformations
The vein specialists at the Downtown Vein & Vascular Center determine the most appropriate procedure to use for the underlying causes of your abnormal vascular conditions. These endovascular treatments require specialized skills, knowledge and equipment.
Dr. Sobolevsky provided excellent care during my vein treatment. He was professional, knowledgeable, and made me feel comfortable throughout the procedure. I’m thrilled with the results and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking vein treatment.
What Types of Endovascular Procedures Are Available?
For endovascular treatments, your vein and artery doctor uses long, thin, flexible instruments to access your diseased blood vessels. Using these instruments, your vascular doctor performs vein or artery repair to deliver lasting relief from your uncomfortable symptoms. The endovascular procedures available include:
- Vein ablation. Your vein doctor may perform endovenous laser ablation or endovenous radiofrequency ablation to close off a damaged vein and relieve your symptoms, including pain and swelling. Endovenous ablation is a minimally invasive procedure.
- Angioplasty and stenting. For this procedure, your vein specialist makes an incision to place metal mesh tubes, like scaffolding, along blocked or narrowed vein walls. The mesh works best in larger veins to keep the blood flowing.
- Blood clot procedures. Your vascular specialist may perform a procedure such as thrombectomy to remove a blood clot from inside a blocked artery or vein.
- Vascular or arterial embolization. Vein doctors use different techniques to block blood flow to relieve your Embolization addresses multiple venous and arterial conditions, including varicose veins, venous and arterial insufficiency, and venous or arterial ulcers.
Dr. Sobolevsky has performed thousands of complex vein and artery treatment. This vascular doctor embraces the latest treatment methods while offering individualized treatments. You can trust Dr. Sobolevsky to perform only the procedures you need.
What’s Involved with an Endovascular Procedure?
Your vein doctor designs the endovascular plan of treatment based on the condition causing your symptoms. While there may be some variation based on what you need, the main steps in the procedure to repair blood vessels or optimize blood flow include:
Mapping the vein, using ultrasound or other imaging technology, to examine its blood flow and identify the area of blockage or damage
Using a catheter to access the diseased artery or vein
Performing the necessary procedure — such as a thrombectomy, angioplasty, ablation, stenting, embolization or repair —through the catheter
Providing post-operative care, which depends on your specific endovascular procedure
The modern approach to vascular procedures is safe and effective. After your treatment, your vein and artery doctor in New York City provides medications to treat any temporary discomfort.
What Are the Advantages of Endovascular Surgery?
Endovascular therapy offers multiple benefits over traditional open vascular surgery, including:
- An in-office procedure with minimal downtime
- Reduced pain and discomfort because the procedure requires only a tiny puncture or incision for the catheter
- Speedy treatments that take on average just 30 to 60 minutes
- A shorter recovery time with no hospital stay
- Lower risk of complications due to improved precision through imaging technologies
- Versatile treatment that addresses a broad range of vein and artery conditions
If you’re suffering from persistent leg pain, swelling, leg ulcers or skin discoloration in your limbs, you may be a good candidate for this procedure. If you’ve been diagnosed with a vein or artery disease, an endovascular procedure successfully resolves your symptoms.
The latest methods of vein and artery treatment are available at the Downtown Vein & Vascular Center, located in Downtown Brooklyn, but serving all of Brooklyn and greater New York City. Dr. Sobolevsky, a highly-rated NYC vein doctor, provides personalized vein treatments at the best price. Contact the best endovascular specialist today to get effective treatment for your vascular issues.
Sergei Sobolevsky, MD, is a leading specialist in endovascular medicine with experience in vascular and interventional radiology. Dr. Sobolevsky has decades of experience in the field, with over 25,000 procedures performed, accumulating extensive experience in image-guided minimally invasive medicine, diagnosing and treating a range of conditions.
Dr. Sobolevsky earned his Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree in 1997 from the University of Colorado School of Medicine. He received his specialty clinical training in vascular and interventional radiology at Harvard University. Later, he earned his MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management. Recognized as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor and named to the Top Doctors New York Metro Area in 2020, 2021, and 2022, Dr. Sobolevsky is licensed in multiple states, has delivered presentations at numerous institutions in the US and abroad, and now acts as a clinical advisor for the biomedical industry. He also held multiple positions in the field during his career, including Chief of Vascular and Interventional Radiology at the Columbia University Medical Center in New York, NY, Senior Vice President in Clinical and Regulatory Affairs at Artann Laboratories in North Brunswick, NJ, and Medical Director at the American Endovascular and Amputation Prevention Center in Brooklyn.More About Dr. Sobolevsky
Downtown Vein Treatment Center
480 Court Street, Ste 101
Brooklyn, NY 11231